As an affiliate of the PLAN Institute (www.plan.ca), PLAN Calgary is able to provide a unique Future Planning model for people with disabilities. It is an in-depth process completed with families to create a safe and secure future for their loved one. Each Future Plan is tailor-made to meet a family’s needs and it begins with their wishes and dreams for the future and addresses any issues and concerns they may have.
Each Future Plan covers the following key areas:
- Financial Stability – prioritizing and supporting members and families through financial workshops, planning and education to ensure members experience security for a good life.
- A Place to Call Home – empowering choice through respect, safety and security to ensure members have a home that reflects their needs and values.
- Meaningful Contributions and Citizenship – fostering opportunities and experiences for members to contribute to their own well-being and community based on personal interests and desires.
- Empowered Decision Making – enabling and honoring members voices by providing choice and respecting personal preferences, values and needs.
- Supported Relationships – cultivating meaningful, lifelong natural supports and connections to build a Personal Support Network that will promote a healthy and fulfilled life.